Portugal: More Success For The Society's Range
The Wine Society has received the award for Online / Mail Order Retailer of the Year from The APWI (Association of Portuguese Wine Importers). This is the second time in a row The Society has won this award, following on from being awarded the gong for overall APWI Merchant of the Year in 2011.
Buyer Joanna Locke MW received the award on behalf of The Society at a dinner hosted by the Portuguese Ambassador at his private residence in London on Tuesday 5th March.
Having also won the IWC (International Wine Challenge) Specialist Merchant award for Portugal last year, this represents another excellent endorsement of The Society's range of Portuguese wines. We hope that members enjoy trying them.
2012 Decanter and International Wine Challenge Awards Success
We are delighted to announce that The Society has won the following awards at this year's Decanter World Wine Awards and IWC (International Wine Challenge) Awards:
- Decanter National Wine Merchant of the Year for the second consecutive year
- IWC Wine Club of the Year also for the second consecutive year
- IWC Specialist Merchant of the Year for Chile
- IWC Specialist Merchant of the Year for Portugal
- IWC Specialist Merchant of the Year for Alsace
What the Decanter judges said:
- On our prices:
'For a second consecutive year, the company invested its profits into margins, actually reducing the prices of 400 wines and holding all others.'
- On our range of wines:
'The range is undoubtedly one of the finest in the country, the result of much hard work by its knowledgeable and respected buying team.'
- On our services:
'The Wine Society offers personable and efficient service, including a free name-the-day delivery service, a raft of regular targeted offers and a programme of 120 nationwide tastings every year, all backed up by its app and social media presence. Tradition is no barrier to consumer-led innovation here.'
- 'At this time of financial hardship, when suspicion towards big business has never been more acute, it's refreshing to see a company working for its customers in a genuine and committed manner.'
What the IWC judges said:
- 'The Wine Society continues to offer great value for their members from an impressive range which has been expertly selected by a great team of buyers. Their remarkable storage facilities at a fair price and the broad range of events throughout the year are everything you would want from a wine club.'
We are very proud to have won these awards and would like to thank the judges and the trade. Our continued commitment to sourcing the best wines at the best possible prices with service to match remains solely for members' benefit. Therefore, above all, we would like to thank our members for their continued support.