How this offer works
Please order via the website.
Orders need to arrive at Stevenage by 8pm, Wednesday 3rd June, 2020 and will be processed thereafter.
The wines will arrive in the UK in the autumn of this year. Once they do, you’ll be given three options:
- To take delivery of your wines. Duty and VAT will be payable immediately.
- To store your wines in duty-paid Members’ Reserves. Again, duty and VAT will be payable immediately.
- To store your wines in our ‘in-bond’ Reserves area. With this option, duty and VAT will only be payable (at the prevailing rate) when the wines are finally withdrawn.
If demand exceeds supply
The Society has a long relationship with the grower in this offer and access to good quantities of wine. It is possible however that demand may exceed supply, in which case we will share out (as far as is practical) the available stock equally amongst ordering members. If this still does not allow every member to have some wine, then as a final resort we divide members into groups depending on their level of support for The Society (quantity of wine bought, spend, orders placed etc). Members who have given greater support to The Society will have a better chance (but no certainty) of being allocated wine, and those who have given less support will have a lesser chance (but still a chance). The Society will offer a similar wine as a substitute if the original choice cannot be provided.
The Society’s Members’ Reserves is a purpose-built, temperature-controlled facility offering members access to optimum storage conditions. The annual rental charge is £9.24 per dozen and includes VAT and insurance at replacement value. Any wine bought from The Society, by the unmixed or pre-mixed dozen, may be added or removed at any time. Members can also remove a few bottles of a full case stored in Reserves. Please visit here for more details.
What the price includes
- Prices shown include delivery to a UK address. They do not include excise duty or VAT.
- Payment of duty and VAT, at the prevailing rate (currently £17.15 per six-bottle case and 20% VAT payable on wine and duty) will be requested once the wines are removed for delivery or collected from Stevenage.
- Members, especially those living overseas, should note that only unmixed cases may be exported or transferred to an outside bond.
- Wines are offered in cases of six bottles or three magnums as indicated
Please read the full terms and conditions for this offer before placing your order.